- Unit trust is a collective investment which allows individual investors to combine their monies into a single fund, thus spreading the risks across different investment instruments or sectors.
- Unit trust investment objective: investment to generate income or growth through big and small firms and in different geographical areas.
- Unit trust is one form of investment on shares of companies, properties, commodity or other instruments.
- The price of unit trust is dependent on the base price of each unit trust and the performance of the instrument selected by the investors like shares/unit trust or others.
Unit trust investments require a minimal capital outlay as most funds accept both small and large investments, making it affordable for the average investor to get started.
2. Portfolio Diversification
Unit Trust investments allow the investor to invest in a broader range of securities than they would be able to when investing on their own. Diversification minimises exposure to any one type of risk.
3. Continuous Professional Management
Unit trust funds are managed by professional and full-time fund managers who have the necessary skills, relevant experience and dedicated resources to maximise investments. This takes the worry out of the day-to-day decision whether to buy or sell a financial asset – the fund manager does it all for you.
- Selection of the best Islamic Unit Trust Funds in the market
- Unit trust investment based on investors’ risk tolerance
- COMPLIMENTARY of advisory services by Bank Rakyat’s Wealth Management Advisor
- Cash – A lump sum payment(s) on the initial investment and/or additional investment(s)
*Note: New subscription for cash transaction is currently unavailable due to system maintenance until further notice.
- EPF – Periodic based on age and EPF’s terms and conditions (applicable for certain funds)
- Investment in Unit Trust funds are offered to:
- Individual applicant:
- Malaysian citizen
- Must be 18 to 65 years of age
- In case of joint investment; the principal investor must be 18 years of age and above. Joint investor can be of any age
- Applications in joint names are limited to two persons only.
- Institutional applicant – Companies, co-operatives, societies, sole proprietors, institutions, etc.
- Minimum investment amount starts at RM500* (*Varies with different funds)
There are 19 Shariah-compliant funds distributed by Bank Rakyat from 4 Unit Trust Management Companies.
(The content of the Fund information and rates below will vary, depending on the update in Master Prospectus(es)/Prospectus(es) and its Supplementary(ies) (if any) of the respective Fund(s).)
- AmFunds Management Berhad
Ambon Islam AmIttika AmIslamic Growth AmIslamic Balanced AmOasis Global Islamic AmAl-Amin Precious Metal Securities
- Principal Asset Management Berhad
Principal Islamic Asia Pacific Dynamic Equity Fund Principal islamic Lifetime Balanced fund Principal Dali Asia Pacific Equity Growth Fund Principal Dali Equity growth Fund Principal Islamic Money Market Fund
- Eastspring Investments Berhad
Dana Al-Ilham Dana Al-Islah Dana Dinamik Islamic Income Fund
- Maybank Asset Management
Maybank Malaysia Growth-i Fund Maybank Malaysia Balanced-i Fund Maybank Malaysia Income-i Fund