SME is the backbone of the country's economy. Bank Rakyat plays an important role in SME development by providing Islamic financial assistance via Credit Guarantee Corporation (CGC) scheme.
Companies defined as SME by Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM):
i) Based on Number of Full-Time Employees
|Sector Size||Primary Agriculture||Manufacturing (including Agro-based) & MRS||Services Sector (+ ICT) & Mining & Quarrying & Constructions|
|Micro||Less than 5 employees||Less than 5 employees||Less than 5 employees|
|Small||Between 5 & 19 employees||Between 5 & 50 employees||Between 5 & 19 employees|
|Medium||Between 20 & 50 employees||Between 51 & 150 employees||Between 20 & 50 employees|
ii) Based on Annual Sales Turnover
|Sector Size||Primary Agriculture||Manufacturing (including Agro-based)||Services Sector (+ ICT) & Mining & Quarrying & Constructions|
|Micro||Less than RM200,000||Less than RM250,000||Less than RM200,000|
|Small||Between RM200,000 & less than RM1 million||Between RM250,000 & less than RM10 million||Between RM200,000 & less than RM1 million|
|Medium||Between RM1 million & RM5 million||Between RM10 million & RM25 million||Between RM1 million & RM5 million|
Bai'Al-Inah/Al-Bai' Bithamin Ajil/Al-Istisna/Al-Ijarah Thumma Al-Bai'
To assist small and medium-sized enterprises to gain access to financial facilities.
- Minimum: RM50,000
- Maximum: RM10 million (maximum of RM3 million of unsecured /clean portion)
Subject to type of financing.
Guarantee Fee (payable to CGC)
- Secured portion: 1.00% to 2.45%
- Unsecured portion: 1.5% to 3.00%
* Terms and conditions apply
How To Apply?
Application can be forwarded to any Bank Rakyat's branches throughout the country OR directly to SMI Financing Department at this address:
SMI Financing Department
18th Floor, Bangunan Bank Rakyat
Jalan Tangsi, P.O. Box 11024
50732 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03-26129600 samb 683, 556, 712, 793, 794, 795 Faks: 03-26940211
Basic Documents Required
- Cover letter for financing application.
- A copy of company's profile.
- Profiles of Board of Directors and company's management team.
- Company registration forms (M&A, Form 9, 24,44 & 49).
- Detailed information/working paper of project to be financed.
- Last 3 years audited financial statements and latest management accounts.
- Last 6 months current account statements.
- Financing information from other financial institutions.
- Net worth of guarantors.