Wadi`ah Yad Dhamanah
Type of account
There are 3 types of Savings-i Account:
- Minimum deposit to open an account is RM10
- Kad Rakyat facility (ATM Card)
- Perform withdrawals at Bank Rakyat ATMs or any ATM with MEPS / BANKCARD logo across the country
- Perform money transfers and one-stop bill payments via ATM and counters.
- Internet banking facilities i-Rakyat
- Citizens and non-citizens
Requirement to Open an Account
- For Citizens
- Individual accounts
- Joint Accounts
- Associations and Clubs (established and registered in Malaysia)
- Mosque / Surau Committee (established and registered in Malaysia)
- Co-operatives (established and registered in Malaysia)
- Funded by Bank Rakyat
- Performs contractual work for Bank Rakyat
- Co-operates with Bank Rakyat such as Amanah Raya Berhad and Syarikat Takaful Malaysia Sdn Bhd
- Bank Rakyat subsidiaries
- For Non-citizens
- Individual Accounts
Fees & Charges
|Debit Card||Application fee||RM 8.00*|
|Annual card fee||RM 8.00*|
|Replacement card||Card loss/theft||RM12.00*|
|Savings Book||New book due to lost of old book||RM16.00|
|Book replacement due to damage||RM5.00|
|Account Statement||For each application||RM10.60|
|Account Closure||Less than 3 months from the new account opening date||RM10.00|
Note: *6% GST is paid by Bank Rakyat.
Charge stated is including 6% GST, if any.
Lost of Passbook: Clients must fill in the loss of savings book Report Form and the Stamped Loss/Damage Savings Account Testimony Letter. Clients may report on the loss of savings book and account closure at any nearest branch.
For any enquiries, please visit the nearest bank or call the tele-Rakyat Contact Centre at 1-300-80-5454
Terms and conditions applied.