Companies defined as SME by Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM):
i) Based on Number of Full-Time Employees
|SECTOR SIZE||PRIMARY AGRICULTURE||MANUFACTURING (INCLUDING AGRO-BASED) & MRS||SERVICES SECTOR (+ ICT) & MINING & QUARRYING & CONSTRUCTIONS|
|Micro||Less than 5 employees||Less than 5 employees||Less than 5 employees|
|Small||Between 5 & 19 employees||Between 5 & 50 employees||Between 5 & 19 employees|
|Medium||Between 20 & 50 employees||Between 51 & 150 employees||Between 20 & 50 employees|
ii) Based on Annual Sales Turnover
|SECTOR SIZE||PRIMARY AGRICULTURE||MANUFACTURING (INCLUDING AGRO-BASED)||SERVICES SECTOR (+ ICT) & MINING & QUARRYING & CONSTRUCTIONS|
|Micro||Less than RM200,000||Less than RM250,000||Less than RM200,000|
|Small||Between RM200,000 & less than RM1 million||Between RM250,000 & less than RM10 million||Between RM200,000 & less than RM1 million|
|Medium||Between RM1 million & RM5 million||Between RM10 million & RM25 million||Between RM1 million & RM5 million|
To assist small and medium-sized enterprises to gain access to financial facilities.
- Minimum: RM50,000
- Maximum: RM10 million (maximum of RM3 million of unsecured/clean portion)
Subject to type of financing.
Guarantee Fee (payable to CGC)
- Secured portion: 1.00% to 2.45%
- Unsecured portion: 1.5% to 3.00%
* Terms and conditions apply
How To Apply?
Application can be forwarded to any Bank Rakyat's branches throughout the country OR directly to SMI Financing Department at this address:
SMI Financing Department
18th Floor, Bangunan Bank Rakyat
Jalan Tangsi, P.O. Box 11024
50732 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03-26129600 samb 683, 556, 712, 793, 794, 795 Faks: 03-26940211
Basic Documents Required
- Cover letter for financing application.
- A copy of company's profile.
- Profiles of Board of Directors and company's management team.
- Company registration forms (M&A, Form 9, 24,44 & 49).
- Detailed information/working paper of project to be financed.
- Last 3 years audited financial statements and latest management accounts.
- Last 6 months current account statements.
- Financing information from other financial institutions.
- Net worth of guarantors.